Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back follows the action-platforming adventures of Crash Bandicoot and his arch-nemesis Dr. Neo Cortex. After his shock defeat at the hands of Crash Bandicoot, the mad doctor was lucky enough to crash into a planet possessing a powerful emphasis upon balance in the solar system. After running several tests on the planet's crystals, Dr. Neo Cortex came to the conclusion that these remarkably powered crystals were responsible for the balance and the alignment of the planets.
Unfortunately, some of these crystals were missing, and the solar system is in a desperate state of despair. Knowing this, Dr. Neo Cortex built the Cortex Vortex, a machine that in theory is meant to save the world. Unfortunately to complete the Cortex Vortex, Dr. Neo Cortex has sinisterly called upon the services of Crash Bandicoot to help him gain all twenty-five crystals.
 GameplayList of Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back levels
As Crash, it's up to you to find and collect all of the needed crystals to save the world from destruction. You'll have to slide, spin, jump, and run your way through immense levels inhabited by fierce enemies and dangerous traps. You can collect Aku Aku masks to help you advance through the levels quicker and safer, and by collecting three in a row, you'll become invincible for a short period of time.
It has been said in forums that the control scheme fits perfectly for both DS & 3DS controlers, as well as PSP.
Warp Room 1:
Warp Room 2:
Warp Room 3:
Warp Room 4:
Warp Room 5:
Warp Room 6:
 Movie Appearances
- Crash Bandicoot (voiced by Will Smith)
- Aku Aku (voiced by Kiefer Sutherland)
- Coco Bandicoot (voiced by Cameron Diaz)
- Dr. Neo Cortex (voiced by Christopher Lloyd)
- Dr. Nitrus Brio (voiced by Mel Gibson)
- Dr. N. Gin (voiced by Linda Ballantyne)
- Ripper Roo (voiced by Tom Cruise)
- Komodo Moe (voiced by Dan Castellaneta)
- Komodo Joe (voiced by Dan Castellaneta)
- Tiny Tiger aka Taz (voiced by Ian McShane)